Monday, March 4, 2013

Sweetening the Pill: The Book

I have submitted the manuscript for Sweetening the Pill: The Book which will be titled Sweetening the Pill: How We Got Hooked On Hormonal Birth Control. I have used several of the personal stories shared with me here to start off each chapter. I wanted your anecdotes to have equal standing to the opinions of experts. It will be published by Zero Books this summer, but I don't have a date just yet.

I've dedicated the book to every woman who has suffered from the side effects of hormonal birth control and every one of you who has contacted me through this blog to tell me about your experience. Here's hoping we can get the word out even further with this publication - that is, after all, why I started to write.

You can keep up with developments on the book as well as related news at my new Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is kind of complicated but I'll try to be brief.

    I started the birth control pill in late January, but I wasn't consistent at all (bad memory) Long story short, I missed a couple pills, ended up having two periods in the month of February. After that, I stopped taking the pills completely, figuring that I would wait until my period in March and then start over with the BC.

    This month, I haven't had my period. Today's the 19th. I haven't had a period since the middle of Feb. At first I assumed it was because of my irregular pill schedule. Then, I started feeling nauseous. The nausea then started to come everyday, all day. I'm having cramps, like I'm starting my period, but it never comes. I've been extremely tired lately also. On March 12th, I took a pregnancy test, which came back negative. On March 17th, I took another one, which also came back negative (I had just drank a lot of water, so I'm not too sure about that one)

    Is it the BC causing this? or am i pregnant?

    ReplyDelete